What You Ignore / Was man ignoriert.

I am a simple man. I want peace on Earth and I wish to be happy, healthy and live in abundance because everybody loves my shiny, brilly , harmonic paintings and my brilly, shiny, harmonic writing.

You see: Nothing complicated.

Then again, true art is from the heart. What is put on a canvas as my mind steps aside and intuition takes over shows how I really feel. Whether harmonic or not.

On August 15, 2007 I created this portrait. I knew I was looking at myself. I knew I was to call it "Battered. Bloody. Colourful. Alive". And although there are good reasons (especially vanity) for portraying oneself as a tragic hero, I did not particularly manage to appreciate the undertone of the message. I ignored it.

Four days later I had a heart attack.


Ich bin einfacher Mann. Ich will Friede auf Erden, glücklich und gesund sein und in Fülle leben, weil jeder meine hübschen, brillant-harmonischen Bilder und meine brillante hübsch-harmonische Schreibe liebt.

Sie sehen: Nichts Kompliziertes
.

Andererseits kommt echte Kunst von Herzen. Was auf eine Leinwand fliesst, wenn der Geist zur Seite tritt und die Intuition übernimmt, zeigt wie ich mich wirklich fühle. Ob harmonisch oder nicht.

Am 15. August 2007 malte ich dieses Portrait. Ich wusste, dass ich mich da selbst anschaute. Ich wusste, dass ich es "Geschlagen. Blutig. Farbig. Am Leben." nennen sollte. Und obwohl einiges dafür spricht (insbesondere Eitelkeit), sich als tragischen Helden darzustellen, wollte es mir doch nicht gelingen, den Unterton dieser Nachricht zu schätzen. Ich ignorierte sie.

Vier Tage später hatte ich einen Herzinfarkt.

No comments: