Welcome To A Work In Progress / Willkommen zu einem laufenden Projekt.


Deutsche Übersetzung untenstehend.


This is a work in progress, a book in the making. I write to deal with a traumatic experience. I write to answer questions to myself and others. And if I am doing well, some folks in my situation will know that they are not alone in feeling that there is more than a physiological event to be dealt with here.

Those I ask: Does some part of you absolutely know that now is critical moment for mind, body and soul? Do others around you, maybe in rehab, give you the impression that all they want is to go home and forget about the whole thing? Are they happy to do bit of sports but would they never be caught close to a psychologist (unless bound and gagged)? Do you think that even your sports trainer and cardiologist are - although they'd deny this if you asked - in doubt about the relationship of psychiatry and the heart? Do you look at all these people and ask yourself: "Am I really the one who is weird here?"

No, you are not. This is the moment when your second life begins. Use it well.


Dies ist ein Projekt, ein Buch mitten in seiner Entwicklung. Ich schreibe, um eine traumatische Erfahrung zu verarbeiten. Ich schreibe, um mir selbst und anderen Antworten zu geben. Und wenn ich meine Sache gut mache, werden einige Menschen in meiner Situation wissen, dass sie nicht allein sind, wenn sie fühlen, dass es hier nicht bloss um ein physisches Ereignis geht.

Und diese Leute frage ich: Weiss ein Teil von Ihnen ganz genau, dass es hier um ein kritisches Ereignis für Körper, Geist und Seele geht? Geben Ihnen andere, vielleicht sogar in der Rehabilitation, das Gefühl, dass sie einfach nur nach Hause gehen und das ganze Ereignis vergessen wollen? Sind die glücklich, ein bisschen Sport zu machen, aber würde man sie nie in der Nähe eines Psychologen sehen (ausser gefesselt und geknebelt)? Glauben Sie, dass sogar Ihr Sport-Trainer und Ihr Kardiologe - obwohl beide das leugnen würden - an der Beziehung von Herz und Psychiatrie zweifeln? Schauen Sie sich all diese Leute an und denken: "Bin ich wirklich derjenige, der hier seltsam ist?"

Nein. Sind Sie nicht. Dies ist der Moment, in dem Ihr zweites Leben beginnt. Nutzen Sie ihn gut.

8 comments:

sparringK9 said...

beni. its "K9". good to see you! lucky people have several critical moments. luckier still if they observe them and act. i know you have. i missed the email until way late...by then i had my own crash. i busted up my neck again...had surgery...still in pins and braces...blah blah. welcome to your second life! i KNOW you will shine.

Ben Harcos said...

Wise and encouraging words, as always, thank you, fair Lady. Wish I could trade you the same.

Hope you're a bit better by now. Some time from now we'll have a drink together. You bring the Guitar Man and Trout and I bring Martha and Viva and we all look back and howl to 2007 as having been the year of change.

sparringK9 said...

dont forget the applewood smoked bacon grrrerhahaha! be well my friend.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

Here...reading...wow~
K9 and I spoke of you in May when I visited her- I wondered where you were.
3 Cheers to the second life!!!
Hugs-
-Cora

Ben Harcos said...

Hello Mayden

Yes, it's been a long time. Didn't think I'd get back on the scen like this.

Thanks for reading. Good to have you here.

Mr Q said...

I am no longer speechless. I need action, I must have it. Ben, you exist. It is all that matters, never mind the reasons, you do as you feel now but as you feel now is completely new. Attacks of the heart come in so many ways but there is only one way to survive them. Change. I am always around. Quietly I exist too. No longer need I say "Take Care Ben". But rather, welcome to real life, your own.

Aunty Belle said...

Welcome back to blogworld! I am looking forard to readin' yore new blog.

Second life, huh? Know you'll thrive--wisdom is knoowing yore own insides.

Real pleased to see ya back!

Ben Harcos said...

Mister Q, of all people. Great to hear from you! Having you around and existing - nice one, by the way, I'll copy it from you on one of these days :-) - is a pleasure.

And Aunty Belle, too. Continue here as if this were a blog? HM Hmm. I had not planned on it, given the fact that I went about publishing the whole thing upside down. But I have already written more ... so I've got to find another solution. Thinking about it now... THNX for the little nudge.